2013 Annual Sikh Day Parade
The Annual NYC Sikh Parade Manhattan is a Vaisakhi Day celebration and takes place in the month of April corresponding to the Sikhism calendar Nanakshahi month of Vaisakh. The NYC Sikh Day Parade welcomes participants of interfaith communities, elected members of public office and is open to the public. Everyone is welcome and all are encouraged to attend (*excepting vendors) The New York City Sikh Day Parade is an annual Nagar Kirtan event featuring Gatka demonstrations and langar, free vegetarian food and non alcoholic drinks for every one, spectators included.
The Annual NYC Sikh Day Parade Manhattan is scheduled to take place in Manhattan, New York on Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:15pm - 5pm:
- Assembly - Noon on Madison Avenue at 39th Street.
- Parade line up - 12:15pm on Madison Avenue at 39th Street.
- Float carrying Guru Granth Sahib present on Madison Avenue and 39th Street by 12:45pm. Parade commences at 1 pm, leaving 39th Street and continuing along Madison Avenue until reaching 24th Street at Madison Avenue Park. Parade ends at Madison and 24th Street.
- Langar services and seating available at Madison Square Park between 24th and 25th Streets.
- NYPD law enforcement and NYC Consumer Affairs officials will be present. No authorization permitted for stalls, sales or vendors of merchandise along parade route.
Bhai Gurdev Singh Kang
Sikh Cultural Society
95-30, 118 Street
Richmond Hill, NY
Harpreet Singh Wahan